Transportation is extremely important in people's everyday lives. At each stage of human civilization, this has become increasingly necessary. The world's scenario would be drastically different if current modes of transportation were not created. Transportation has a great contribution to the development of the overall economy. Dangerous goods transport is one of the essential parts of transportation and many businesses depends on it. So, here we have discussed everything that you must know about dangerous goods transportation.
DocShipper Alert : You are interested in sourcing dangerous goods, and you want to be sure of the quality and find some reliable partners ? Our experts team will assist you in your supplier research, but also control the quality of the goods. Don't hesitate and contact them !
What materials are classified as dangerous goods?
- Transportation makes it easier to transport anything from one end to another, but it also creates a high risk for us.
- Transporting dangerous goods from one place to another is a tough challenge. In some cases severe accidents also occur due to improper practice of transporting dangerous goods, as a consequence, both on land and at sea, there have been damages, losses, and deaths.
- Dangerous goods are those substances that generate a risk to the environment, safety, health and property when transported.
- The materials which include asphyxiating, oxidizing, biohazardous, radioactive, flammable, explosive, corrosive, pathogenic, allergic or toxic substances are termed as dangerous goods and that makes them hazardous in some circumstances.
- These objects are very threaten to mankind, so proper steps and practice should be implemented before transporting.
Dangerous goods transport has its own set of rules and regulations that must be adhered to
Dangerous goods transport and hazardous substance transport is governed by stringent guidelines and non-adherence to these guidelines is subject to severe fines. These dangerous goods transport regulations include:
- Dangerous commodities' classification.
- Requirements for packaging.
- Placarding and labeling of dangerous goods.
- Procedures for the transport of hazardous goods.
- Documentation specifications.
- In-transit segregation of hazardous goods.
Safety steps for dangerous goods transport
Transportation contributes significantly to the growth of various sectors. Each day huge numbers of shipments are done from one place to another in different modes of transport of both normal goods and dangerous goods.
Whereas various information of transport leads to reports that include several incidents involved in dangerous goods transport. And this misshapen occurs due to certain factors and the effect of not performing the right protocols can be the difference between death and life.
Some major safety steps to follow while transporting dangerous goods:
Taking on proper training
The most crucial factor for dangerous good transport misshapen is lack of proper knowledge and training. The highest priority for any organization should be to ensure that everyone participating in the shipping of hazardous and dangerous goods has received and continues to receive the appropriate training. Proper knowledge and training will help to properly execute the job without any accidents. A licensed and trained individual must supervise and guide someone handling dangerous things goods does not have a certification.
Dangerous products types and quantities
Another precaution that should be taken is to verify the identity of dangerous products and the quantity of it. In many cases, certain amounts of some goods are not permitted to be transported without any emergency assistance plan.
Labels for hazardous materials and the proper shipping name
Labels on goods packaging are the easiest way to identify what's in it. Several categories of products have their respective labels, just like that dangerous goods also have the labels that identify the type of material for example FLAMMABLE, OXIDIZING, BIOHAZARDOUS, RADIOACTIVE.
Packaging groups are of three types: packaging group 1 for very hazardous, packaging group 2 for hazardous, and packaging group 3 for a moderately hazardous substance.
DocShipper Advice : If you are looking for the best shipping services for your dangerous goods you found the best company. We're used to dealing with dangerous goods and we will assist you from A to Z in your process ! Contact our logistics department for more information !
Several incidents have happened and resulted in life losses, injuries and financial losses, thus it implements how crucial it is to regulate dangerous goods transport. Some major factors must be considered before any dangerous goods transport, which is mostly responsible for most of the miss happens. Maintaining proper guidelines and safety measures will help to reduce the risk.
FAQ | Dangerous Goods Transport Should Follow These Safety Steps
How to be sure that my goods are classified as dangerous or no ?
The Regulations place the responsibility for correct classification of dangerous goods on the shipper. The classification criteria for each class and division of dangerous goods are stipulated in DGR Section 3.
Is my electronic equipment cargo considered as dangerous goods ?
Yes ! At least if they are containing dangerous substances. For instance, if your equipments are containing lithium batteries it will be considered as dangerous goods. The only ways are to remove them and ship them separately or to check the formal declaration on how to pack them to send them correctly.
What is a dangerous good ?
Dangerous goods all the articles and substances that are presenting a significant risk to Health, Safety against the user or its environment. The Dangerous Goods Regulations document is listing them( around 700).
DocShipper Advise : We help you with the entire sourcing process so don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
- Having trouble finding the appropriate product? Enjoy our sourcing services, we directly find the right suppliers for you!
- You don't trust your supplier? Ask our experts to do quality control to guarantee the condition of your goods!
- Do you need help with the logistics? Our international freight department supports you with door to door services!
- You don't want to handle distribution? Our 3PL department will handle the storage, order fulfillment, and last-mile delivery!
SIAM Shipping | Procurement - Quality control - Logistics
Alibaba, Dhgate, made-in-china... Many know of websites to get supplies in Asia, but how many have come across a scam ?! It is very risky to pay an Asian supplier halfway around the world based only on promises! DocShipper offers you complete procurement services integrating logistics needs: purchasing, quality control, customization, licensing, transport...
Communication is important, which is why we strive to discuss in the most suitable way for you!