**In order to optimize our services, Siam Shipping and Siam Relocation are now part of the Docshipper group. Our customers can now benefit from total supply chain coverage**
To permit you to join the time and cash we offer you a complete scope of new transport, to the colossal fulfillment of our clients. Contrasted with a full sea cargo transport, you will spare time and a hold on the cost of airship cargo which is not ignored by today. It is as yet a decent bargain for little or huge organizations that needs an answer with a few transports. We can make your shipments at times, brief imports which will permit you not to pay costs, for example, responsibilities and goes on your property, however, your stock must return whence it comes, we will be glad to give you subtle elements and clarifications to execute this. We have set up a substantial gathering of viable operators for import and fare; we will cost all phases of your shipment even the most troublesome and broad will be overseen because of our experience. We will supervise each part of your shipment. Since a pressing ultra-secure to at last arrive at your preferred place and we can even make unloading. To empower your business to pick up leverage by adding to your rival you to create and assemble a repeating association with the import and fare all streams. We will happily make all your application in everything about elucidation. Since all the start of the technique, we will do all the important strides. We are experts of cargo additionally universally, and we know every one of these viewpoints reacts to particular circumstances, for example, yours.
Why choose multimodal freight services ?
To permit you to mingle the moment and capital we proffer you an entire assortment of fresh transportation, to the immense approval of our clients. Contrasting to a full ocean freight ship, you will keep moment and preserve on the charge of air transportation which is not unnoticed by today. It is still a superior negotiation for small or large organizations that require an explanation with some ship. We can create your consignments in some events, temporary importation which will permit you not to give expenditure such as responsibility and goes on your assets but your commodities must come back hence it comes, we will be joyful to present you information and clarifications to apply this. We have put up a huge collection of experienced mediators for importation and exportation; we will outlay all phases of your carriage yet the majority complicated and extensive will be deal with thanks to our skills. We will direct each feature of your consignment. As a stuffing specially protected to reach your destination at the place of your selection lastly and we can still make unloading.
To facilitate your commerce to expand an improvement by furnishing to your contestant you to build up and construct a permanent connection with the import and export all streams. We will cheerfully compose your entire appliance in all element and explanation. As all the commencement of the method, we will perform all the necessary strides. We are specialized of cargo also globally, and we identify all these facets respond to challenging circumstances such as yours. We assure a smooth and simple Multi modal freight and customs clearance for you. Request for a quote to verify the suitability of your consignment, we will learn the customs of worldwide for you, and we will yet familiarize the parcel. Our group is multilingual, and we will clarify all the steps.
5 advantages provided by multi-modal freight
- Increase your flexibility
- Save on your transport cost
- Benefits for the community
- Social advantages
- Reduce your environmental impact
Example: From Thailand to UK via Dubai
The multi modal cargo is a mixture of sea and air freight. This cargo is to combine these modes to meet the requirements of our customers. Sometimes it is best to compromise between a cost-effective shipping distribution and a quick but somewhat expensive air transport. That is where multi-modal freight forwarding comes in. We have experience dealing with this option.
We have customs transit solutions at very competitive rates. Example: Thailand – UK via Dubai (UAE)
- Departure from Bangkok towards Dubai by Sea freight.
- In Dubai merchandise transits through the international airport, to be transported to UK via air freight.
Docshipper Note: For maritime transport, MSC, Maersk, CMA-CGM and UASC are our partners, as are Fly Emirates, Air France, Etihad for Air freight. Our agent in Dubai allows us to guarantee a rapid and safe transit of your goods.
Our goal is to ensure an optimal service: Administrative and customs documentation is sent by express mail to the agent in order to ensure rapid clearance, to avoid any loss of time or bad surprises on arrival.
Our network of agents allows us to provide you a tailored service and fast customs. Our agents in the transit area involved the following services:
- port unloading Supervision
- Customs declaration
- Transportation from the port to the airport,
- Loading Supervision
Multi Modal freight – Overview
What is it?
Multimodal transport (or combined transport) is the transport of goods made from a single contract, plus with fewer means of transport; In this case, the carrier with whom the contract is carried out is responsible for all the means of transport, even if carried out by the total routing is carried out with the help of other companies. The carrier is not the master key to possess all the vehicles used, which is the most frequent case. Part of the routing agrees on the sub-course. The carrier responsible for all cargo is designated as MTO.
Article 1.1. The United Nations Convention on International Multimodal Transport of Goods (Geneva, 24 May 1980) (International Multimodal Transport) means the carriage of goods by less than less cheap Two different modes of transport on a multimodal transport contract in a country where the goods are taken over by the multimodal transport operator in a designated place of country “.
How it works?
Docshipper have become increasingly important players: they have ceased their unique mission of shippers, accepting greater responsibilities as so much on the market. The main shipping companies have also switched to multimodal freight services;
Now, we provide customers with door-to-door service. The carrier shall return the goods to the address specified by the consignor (his premises or his domicile, general inland) to the address of the consignee (usually also inland). Freight forwarders not in possession of a ship (even if the carriage includes a portion of sea transport) are designated as non-ship carriers (NVOCs)
Multimodal transport was developed as part of the “Container Revolution” of the 1960s; As of 2019, public transport is by far the most popular international expedition. However, it is also important to remember that multimodal transport is different from container transport: indeed, multimodal transport is feasible without a container. MTO, which works directly with the customer, guarantees that its products are delivered with the greatest efficiency.
From a purely legal point of view, multimodal transport has some shortcomings. Unimodal transport (one transport) is currently controlled by incoterms, which are international and mandatory conventions. These agreements provide different bases and limits of liability for the carrier.
Since 2011, the solution at this stage is the principle of “network”. According to this, the different conventions remain the same. The liability of the carrier is defined according to the violation of the contract (for example, the goods have been lost or damaged during transport). However, problems occur and the contract violation is repeated several times.
Difference between intermodal and multimodal shipment
First, let’s start with some definitions:
- Multimodal transport (also called combined transport) consists of carrying goods under one contract, but this transport will be carried out with minimum two different ways of transport; From a legal point of view, the carrier is responsible for all the transport, whether by rail, sea, or road, for example. The carrier must not possess all means of transport, but in general it does not; Transport is often handled by sub-carriers (the actual carriers legally speaking). The carrier which has the responsibility for the entire transport operation acts as a MTO (multimodal transport operator).
- Intermodal freight transport is defined as the transport of goods in an intermodal container or vehicle, while using several modes of transport (rail, ship and lorry), without any handling of cargo – even when changing modes of transport. This method is economical in terms of cargo management, which improves cargo security, reduces damage and losses, and also reduces transport time. The main advantage for inter-continental use is mainly the reduction of road transport costs. For road transport over shorter journey can be offset by reduced times.
How make a choice? What is the difference?
The main difference between those modes is the number of contracts that the sender possesses with different service suppliers.
- In a multimodal consignment, the consignor has a transport contract covering all modes of transport from departure to arrival, whether it is a port to port, port to port or from door to door. This is equivalent to a carrier for a single trip. This contract of carriage shall be borne by a carrier, whether it be a steamship line or an international freight forwarder / NVOCC. The steamship / shipping carrier or the international freight forwarder / NVOCC publish a intermodal or a multimodal transport bill of lading.
Advantages: The sender can consider the carrier as the sole responsible for transport in the event of a problem, up-to-date and follow-up updates come from the carrier and, as a result, delivery times can be satisfied.
- In an intermodal shipment, the shipper has several contracts, for example, he may have a contract with a freight forwarder or a shipping carrier, another with a trucker or trucker and a rail carrier in one country of origin and another with a truck driver or truck driver and a carrier in the country of destination. The carrier shall issue a port-to-port invoice and each additional carrier providing its services for carriage shall issue its own shipping document such as an invoice for domestic transport or rail to the consignor.
Advantages: It is possible to choose your own carriers based on the price or service for each stage of the shipment, the possibility to stop the shipment at some point for any reason, because you control each part with more agility for the selection if there are problems of space or equipment with carriers.
Why is it better to choose Multimodal on Intermodal or Multimodal on Intermodal?
This depends on several factors, for example, if the shipper wants to have several independent contracts with several carriers, the difference of the final cost between the two options, how this affects inventory fluctuations and costs and time savings For each mode for both load transport and administrative coordination, the impact that one mode on the other can have on the earth and how it modifies the documentations involved in the consignment.Discuss the option that best suits your international freight forwarder, your internal logistics team, and your transportation base.
Docshipper - Dedicated freight forwarder in Thailand
Due to our attractive pricing & dedication, many customers trust our services and we thank them. Stop overpaying the services and save money with our tailored package matching will all type of shipment, from small volume to full container, let us find the best and most cost-effective option.